If you are driving a car on Isle of Man roads, you are required to have a legal minimum insurance cover. Of course most people opt for more comprehensive protection for their vehicle, Tower Insurance have a policy to suit those requirements. We can even extend cover to include an element of business use, if that is what you need. As long as you are between 16 and 74, we can probably offer you a quotation.
What can be covered?
Most types of car can be covered, as long as they are Isle of Man registered. You can even save some money by only paying for the type of use you require. The options we offer are:
- Social, Domestic & Pleasure use, excluding commuting.
- Social, Domestic & Pleasure use, including commuting.
- Social, Domestic & Pleasure use, with Business use.
There are a few types of risk that aren’t suitable for our Private Car policy. Vehicles such as vans and pick-up trucks are more suited to our Vanshield product. Unfortunately, we can’t cover taxis or driving schools or any vehicles used airside on airports or aerodromes.
What cover is available?
There are many options available to help you get exactly the cover you need and want. The primary cover options are:
- Comprehensive cover: this includes the same as Third Party, Fire and Theft and also protects the value of your vehicle if it is damaged, stolen or catches fire.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft: this provides cover against third party claims against you, and against the risk of a total loss arising from the vehicle being stolen, or catching fire.
- Third Party only: This provides cover against third party claims only. There is no cover for loss or damage to your vehicle.
Additional cover options include:
- Cover whilst driving abroad (60 days free per visit)
- Driving other cars extension – you can drive a car on a temporary basis, provided it is not owned, leased or hired to you.
- In car equipment – radio, satellite navigation etc.
- Comprehensive policyholders benefit from a free courtesy car, whilst their own car is being repaired by one of our Recommended Repairers.
- Windscreen cover (Comprehensive only).
The benefits of Tower Insurance Private Car cover:
- A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man individuals and businesses.
- Local customer service teams for you and your broker. You can call into our office to discuss your policy or claim with us personally.
- A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.
- A local motor engineer to assess damage claims – our aim is to get your car repaired and settle your claim as quickly as possible
Find out how to get Private Car cover from Tower Insurance.
Motorshield Policy Wording (214.4 kB)
Motorshield Proposal Form (436.46 kB)