Insuring your Van
You probably rely on your van for business. That's why you want to make sure the insurance you chose will get you back up and running as quickly as possible if you have an accident. Or protect you if the other party alleges it is your fault. Vanshield from Tower Insurance, the local Manx Insurer, is designed specifically for Vans and Pick-up trucks, not exceeding a gross vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes, registered on Isle of Man. For vehicles above this weight, please see our Commercial Vehicles Product.
What types of Van and Pick-up Truck can be covered?
Most types of van or pick-up truck can be insured provided that:
- The gross vehicle weight (GVW) does not exceed 3.5 tonnes;
- All drivers are between 16 and 74;
- It is locally registered on Isle of Man - we can't insure overseas registered vehicles;
- It is not being used for hire & reward, self-drive hire, motor trade (see our specialist Motor Trade policy), pizza delivery, as a mobile shop or is a mini-bus.
What cover is available?
Cover is available for Social, Domestic and Pleasure use as well as commuting and business use. Just select the use you need - don't pay for anything else! The cover includes options for:
- Third Party only - the legal minimum cover for driving on the roads.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft - includes Third Party cover and cover for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from fire or theft.
- Comprehensive - includes Third Party cover and cover for any accidental damage to, or theft of your vehicle.
- Damage to windscreens under the Comprehensive option.
- Optional Lawcare legal expenses cover.
- Optional No Claims Discount protection.
- A standard excess of £100, with discounts available for higher voluntary excesses.
The Benefits of Tower Insurance Vanshield cover:
- Introductory No Claims Discounts available.
- Discounts available for named drivers. An any driver option is available at extra cost.
- Age of vehicle discounts.
- Option to add temporary additional vehicles.
- A local motor engineer to help speed up handling of your claims.
- A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.
- A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man individuals and businesses.
- Local customer service teams for you and your broker.