Property Owners, from Tower Insurance, is designed to protect the owner’s interest in domestic or business premises let to tenants. Whether it is for a single property, or a large portfolio of property let to a multitude of different tenants, Property Owners can protect your property and liability to third parties. Although we are an Isle of Man insurer, we can cover UK based property if it is part of a broader portfolio of Isle of Man properties.
Who is the Property Owners policy suitable for?
Property Owners insurance is suitable for any commercial or domestic property owner, however large or small, looking to insure buildings that are occupied by tenants. Your property will be predominantly on the Isle of Man and currently occupied by tenants, but we can consider UK based property and unoccupied property, if they are part of a wider portfolio. We will provide a breakdown of insurance premiums to help you recharge the cost to your tenants, if your lease allows you to do this.
What cover is available?
Cover is provided on either an"All Risks" basis, or for specific perils based on your own requirements. The policy is flexible and can cover:
- Landlords fixtures and fitting
- Tenants improvements for which you are responsible
- Loss of rent as a result of an insured event under the policy
- Alternative accommodation
- Communal contents
- Property Owners Liability
- Inflation protection (Day One basis of cover)
- Employer’s Liability for any maintenance staff you may employ
The Benefits of Tower Insurance Property Owners insurance:
- A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man property owners.
- Local customer service teams for you and your broker.
- A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.