Motor Trade Insurance

If you are involved in the motor trade and operate from your own premises, our specialist Motor Trade product, Excelerator, may be exactly what you need. Whether you buy and sell cars, are involved in the maintenance and repair of vehicles or some other specialist area of the motor trade, why not take a look at Excelerator, our specialist Motor Trade product for Isle of Man motor traders.

Who is the Excelerator Motor Trade policy suitable for?

Excelerator is suitable for most motor trade professionals operating from commercial premises. It doesn't matter if you own or lease the premises and we can provide cover with or without the 'road risks' element. We can provide cover for motor trade professionals working with most types of vehicle as well. Our typical customers include:

  • Vehicle sales
  • Repair and maintenance garages
  • Body repairs
  • Vehicle restoration

If you are home based, part-time or a mobile operator you could try speaking with Road Runner Motor Trade insurance, who are also part of the RSA Group.

What cover is available?

Cover is available with or without the 'road risks' element. The basic covers available include:

  • Property - the buildings, tools, equipment and vehicles at premises
  • Business interruption
  • Money
  • Personal Accident
  • Employer's Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Engineering Inspection and breakdown

We can provide cover on a comprehensive, third party fire and theft or third party only basis for  vehicles owned and registered or leased in the name of the proposer. Our standard excess is £250.

The Benefits of Tower Insurance Motor Trade cover:

  • A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man motor traders.
  • Local customer service teams for you and your broker.
  • A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.


Motortrade Policy Summary