Insuring your Motor Fleet
If you own or manage more than 5 vehicles, you will appreciate how complex it can be to keep on top of the insurance needs, changes to cover and general management of the policy. That is why Tower Insurance, the local Isle of Man insurer, offers Fleet Insurance. Whether it is a private fleet, or part of a business, Fleet helps you insure them all under one policy and take advantage of the efficiency savings that come from that.
What constitutes a Motor Fleet?
When does owning a few vehicles become a Motor Fleet?
- When you own a minimum of 5 vehicles;
- The vehicles can be a combination of types – cars, vans, pick-up trucks and even commercial vehicles or ‘special types’.
- You want to insure the vehicles collectively under one policy, with a common type of use and cover.
Are there any specific requirements?
As with all our motor policies, we do have a few general requirements. These are:
- All drivers are between 16 and 74.
- The vehicles are all locally registered on Isle of Man – we can’t insure overseas registered vehicles.
- The vehicles are not being used for hire & reward, self-drive hire, motor trade (see our specialist Motor Trade policy), pizza delivery, as a mobile shop or as a mini-bus.
What cover is available?
Cover is available for Social, Domestic and Pleasure use as well as commuting and business use. Just select the use you need. The cover includes options for:
- Third Party only – the legal minimum cover for driving on the roads.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – includes Third Party cover and cover for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from fire or theft.
- Comprehensive – includes Third Party cover and cover for any accidental damage to, or theft of your vehicle.
- Damage to windscreens under the Comprehensive option.
The Benefits of Tower Insurance Fleet cover:
- Introductory No Claims Discounts available.
- Better vehicle cover – if you have owned the car from new, and it is less than 12 months old, we will replace it with a new vehicle if it is a total loss.
- European cover as standard – no need for Green Cards
- Cover for replacement locks and alarm systems.
- A local motor engineer to help speed up handling of your claims.
- A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.
- A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man individuals and businesses.
- Local customer service teams for you and your broker.