If you own vehicles as a business, but not enough to consider a fleet insurance policy, our Business Carshield policy may be the solution you are looking for. If you own 5 or more vehciles, then our Motor Fleet Insurance policy may be more suitable.
Offering all the same covers you would expect under a private car policy, it allows your business to ensure employees are properly protected whilst driving for business purposes as well as for social, domestic and pleasure use. As long as the drivers are between 16-74 we can probably provide your business with insurance.
What can be covered?
Most types of car can be covered, as long as they are registered on Isle of Man and in the company name . You can even save some money by only paying for the type of use you require. The options we offer are:
- Social, Domestic & Pleasure use, excluding commuting.
- Social, Domestic & Pleasure use, including commuting.
- Social, Domestic & Pleasure use, with Business use.
There are a few types of risk that aren’t suitable for our Business Carshield policy. Vehicles such as vans and pick-up trucks are more suited to our Vanshield product. Unfortunately, we can’t cover taxis or driving schools or any vehicles used airside on airports or aerodromes.
What cover is available?
There are many options available to help you get exactly the cover you need and want. The primary cover options are:
- Comprehensive cover: to protect the value of your vehicle if it is damaged, stolen or catches fire. It includes legal liability cover to protect you against claims from third parties.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft: this provides cover against third party claims against you, and against the risk of a total loss arising from the vehicle being stolen, or catching fire.
- Third Party only: This provides cover against third party claims only. There is no cover for loss or damage to your vehicle.
Additional cover options include:
- Named driver, or open driving options. Discounts are available for multi-vehicle policies where driving is restricted to named drivers.
- Cover whilst driving abroad (60 days free per visit).
- In car equipment – radio, satellite navigation etc.
- Comprehensive policyholders benefit from a free courtesy car, whilst their own car is being repaired by one of our Recommended Repairers.
- Windscreen cover (comprehensive only).
The Benefits of Tower Insurance Business Carshield cover:
- A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man businesses.
- Discounts available for named drivers.
- Local customer service teams for you and your broker. You can call into our office to discuss your policy or claim with us personally.
- A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.
- A local motor engineer to assess damage claims – our aim is to get your car repaired and settle your claim as quickly as possible.
Business Carshield Policy Wording (124.1 kB)