If you are involved in agriculture, farming or forestry, you probably have a number of specialist vehicles to help you in your work. They may be used solely off road, or you may have them registered for use on the road as well. Either way, our specialist Agricultural and Forestry Vehicles policy is designed to meet the needs of Manx based individuals and businesses in these sectors. Your equipment may be worth a significant amount of money, so make sure you get the insurance you need to protect it and yourself.

What types of vehicle can be covered?
Any type of tractor or tractor engine, or self-propelled agricultural implement used solely for agricultural or forestry work, including the haulage of agricultural produce or articles required for agriculture.  Examples include:

  • Tractors.
  • Combined harvesters.
  • Excavators.

What cover is available?
We can provide cover for vehicles used solely off-road, or for vehicles that are also used on the road and require the relevant Road Traffic Act cover. The cover includes options for:

  • Damage to the vehicle, up to an agreed maximum value.
  • Damage to windscreens under the Comprehensive option.
  • Liability to third parties, arising from your use of the vehicle.
  • Damage to specified trailers, which can be up to an agreed value.
  • Cover for unspecified trailers, with our Comprehensive option. You are covered up to ¬£5,000 for any trailer used with your vehicle.

The benefits of Tower Insurance Agricultural & Forestry Vehicles cover:

  • A policy designed and priced specifically for Isle of Man individuals and businesses.
  • Local customer service teams for you and your broker.
  • A locally based claims team, for when you need us most.

Click the following for more information;

Agricultural & Forestry Vehicle Policy Wording